Saturday, September 25, 2010

Back home...

I'm sitting here in Johannesburg this beautiful sunny day...although I'm inside with a killer headache sitting behind the computer which is probably making my headache worse but anyway. I'm also watching Pirates of the Caribbean....kinda wishing I was sleeping.

So I'm back from the Cape and the Free State. It was an incredible, challenging and rewarding. I learnt a lot and experienced things. I've gotten to meet great people too.

Travelling around Cape Town to the various schools was interesting but also sad. To see where these kids come from is just heart breaking. You wonder what chance they will even have in the future.

It is now evening. My sister, nephew and niece popped in for lunch and we landed up watching MacGyver which my nephew now enjoys much to my sisters delight. I then went to my parents quick and now I have lost my train of thought for this blog. :)

It's probably due to the lack of sleep and that my mind isn't quite focused at the moment. Anyway, thought I would add some more pictures for you. One afternoon on driving back to Fish Hoek we saw a whale! So the blue picture with a black dot is the whale's tale. That evening I sat on the beach and took photos of the dogs running along the beach. This sheep dog was having loads of fun on the beach chasing the tennis ball his owner was throwing for him. I then have a picture of a little girl, I took this picture of her in Springfontein which is were I spend a couple of nights after being in Cape Town and before heading home yesterday. We stayed on a game farm for two nights. The host were lovely people. Where we sat having breakfast and supper, we were always had a giraffe watching over us....was interesting. Thursday night was a beautiful sunset in the bush.










Well that's it for now. Its going on for 7pm and I haven't started supper...so I should probably get cracking.

Blessings

No comments: