Friday, December 25, 2009

Jesus is the reason for the season.

I realised today...actually building up to today, how much one changes as we grow up. I never enjoyed Christmas church service growing up as we were not allowed to open gifts until after church. It used to annoy me big time...but for some reason this year has been different.
There have been so many ups and downs this year and to be honest, to me it doesn't really feel like Christmas. A friend asked me on Monday why I thought it didn't feel like Christmas and I honestly don't know why. Is it because this year has taken a lot out of me? It's been a hard year emotionally and mentally...and hard health wise. But GOD is faithful and His mercies are new every morning. My joy has come this Christmas by giving people stuff and not expecting to receive in return. I knew that, since my family bought me a guitar for my birthday and Christmas, that I wouldn't get gifts from the family today (although I did still get a few) but for once my joy came in buying gifts for others.
God gave us the greatest gift that could ever be given. His son Jesus. WOW...to think that, no matter what anyone else on this earth could give us for Christmas, NOTHING can compare! Isn't that just amazing! Then God loved me, my faults and all...even though I let Him down over and over, He still loves me. Then God gave me gifts....gifts for me to use. I think I'm still learning what all those gifts are. And, unfortunately it's taken me up until this week to realise, but God has given me two desires of my heart. The desire to have my own SLR camera so that I can take photos which is one of my passions, and a guitar. There is nothing like playing an instrument, even when you cant play it well, at the end of a hard day. God has also opened my mind to writing. I've been writing a novel for, at least, 8 years that I still haven't finished. But now, my mind is so into writing that I am plotting the sequel from the novel I wrote in November. God has blessed me this year despite all the hard bits....but its all part of His purpose for me, and I'm slowly starting to realise it. I am realising more and more that there is hope for me because God has given me HOPE.
I trust that this Christmas you have also realised or remembered the best gift ever given and that JESUS is the reason for the season!!
All glory to God!
JR

No comments: