Wednesday, December 2, 2009

“30 DAYS; 50,000 WORDS NANOWRIMO 2009 WINNER!”

It's over!!! The crazy month of November is over!! WOOHOO!! Actually, I was, surprisingly, ahead of the 30 days set out for the Novel writing. I finished my novel at 11pm on the 23rd, after many late nights and some early morning....and ended on a word count just short of 59000. It became very addicting to write. I would say to myself, "Just two paragraphs..." and then two pages later and the time heading towards midnight, I would have to force myself to stop writing and go to bed. I'm currently editing my novel, with the help of my mom (who has now read the novel and says its 'okay') and have made a few changes at some parts and now sit over 59000 words. I am not too sure what I think of my novel, but that's probably because I wrote it. So I'm happy to send you an electronic copy (once I've edited it) for you to read if you are interested, on CONDITION that you give me honest feedback (and that I actually know you...I'm not going to give it out to some random person who stumbled across my blog.)

My sister and I were up until the early hours of this morning icing two birthday cakes. One cake was for work this morning, while the other is for bible study tonight. We also baked a third cake for the family on Sunday. So due to my new craze or addiction or whatever you call it, I wanted to make myself a CSI birthday cake. Originally I had decided to make it for Sunday, for the family get together, but my sister made a good point: "Do you really want your nephews and nieces asking why you have a 'dead' person on your cake?" So it changed and my crime scene cake became my bible study cake. Most of the young adults know about my novel so hopefully the cake doesn't make them worry or get scared and they slowly pull away from me....might be the last time I use my ideas for a cake. So while my sister iced the work cake, I worked my imagination and icing skills (the little I have) and made my crime scene cake. A victim shot on the beach..... =) I had so much fun even if it was after midnight when we finished. I took the pictures with my cell phone, so quality isn't good, but it gives you an idea of my beachfront killing. I'm hoping that after tonight there will be no evidence of a crime scene. After all, it is young adults who will be chowing the cake tonight!

Well it's scary to think that December is here! Soon it's Christmas and New Year!! If you are traveling this festive season, please travel safe. If you are staying home, please have fun. Either way, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas as you remember what Christ did for us and the REAL reason behind Christmas.

I might write another blog before I go on leave....time will tell.
Until next time, blessings all!
Jacky

4 comments:

Melanie B. said...

Your cake is awesome. :)

Bud Driver said...

Congrats on the 500 words, sorry i missed the cake. Looks deathly good.

Unknown said...

Nice cake Jacky! Come on, share the recipe, he he he. Yes I know, I am stalking your cakes...

I am me... said...

LOL Hanna!! - I might have to change your character in my book if you start becoming a stalker!!! :o)
Good cake...good teeth right! ;o)