Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A story....

Sorry...I forgot my password! *blush* But I'm back...

Day 18: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.

I'm not sure how old I was, but I think 13, when I had the worse bicycle accident of my life.


I was in Port Elizabeth visiting my cousins as I did most summer holidays. My cousin and I decided to ride bike down the hill (they lived in a valley). It's always fun until someone get's hurt.
After some time, we decided to swap bikes...and I didn't know the brakes were opposite. So I went up the hill, got the clear from my cousin that no cars were coming and headed down. This bike went a bit faster than the one I had been on and I realised that I was going to hit a thorn tree, so I pulled the brakes...what I thought were the back breaks. The bike stopped dead. The handlebar digged into my abdomen and I went flying...over the thorn tree...and blacked out. I woke up with the dog licking my face and my cousin making his way down the hill slowly since I hadn't giving him the clear to come flying down.

It was a scary time, especially when I saw the blood coming through my shirt...but something we can laugh about now!

No comments: