Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Beautiful Oregon

So, I've been trying to think of various ways to write about Oregon....but truth is, it was just that amazing (as was the whole trip) that I'm not sure how to write about it.

In Oregon we did something EVERY day with our friends...which was good as it kept the jet lag at bay! Since its hard to write about it, I'll just post some pictures from the various days there!

Day 1 - 28 June: We arrived in Portland around supper time. Our good friends took us to Red Robin for supper where I took this picture for my sister.

Day 2 - 29 June: We headed to the beach for the weekend for our friends family reunion at Yachats. This is one of the places we stopped on our way. 
Day 3 - 30 June: One of the paths we walked on a wet day. Was beautiful scenery. (Sorry its sideways, the origional isnt...)
 Day 4 - 1 July: Standing in the Pacific ocean.
  Day 4 - 1 July: I just loved the greenery!
 Day 5 - 2 July: Heading back home, we stopped at a few more places along the coast.
 Day 6 - 3 July: A personal highlight...WHITE WATER RAFTING! This is my groups raft heading down a rapid.
 Day 7 - 4 July: Getting to experience the 4th of July was also something special. A lovely day ending with fireworks!
 Day 8 - 5 July: Shopping day...so this picture was taken at the outlet store!
 Day 9 - 6 July: Columbia River Gorge!
  Day 9 - 6 July: Mount Hood! Another favourite for me!
 Day 10 - 7 July: Portland Rose Garden
 Day 11 - 8 July: The day  my friends left for various destinations so it was a chilled day at the house after church in the morning.
 Day 12 - 9 July: My last day in Oregon was spent mainly in the state of Washington as we went to go see Mount St Helen's before heading home, packing and getting to the airport for my flight which was delayed until 1:30am!

So this is just some of the beauty I got to see in my time in Oregon. I had a fantastic time and really do appreciate the effort my friends (and their family) made to take us places. I'm also thankful for their families who made me feel very welcome!

No comments: