Friday, May 6, 2011

On the outside looking in....

Sometimes it's something small and simple that can make you realise you're actually not okay. It's been a week of many thoughts, frustrations and boiling points....yet today, something small and, dare I say it, stupid, has me broken and upset tonight. It probably comes from the build up of things over the week....but anyway, yeah, sometimes I guess we're not always okay. This probably makes no sense to you...and I'm putting it here because: Be aware of those around you and how you treat them. Plain and simple and I hope that I will learn something from my own pain.

PAIN BEING ON THE OUTSIDE.
by Jacky Robus

Standing on the outside.
I'm looking in.
The rain is falling on my face.
Hiding the broken tears within.

Watching the people.
Watching what they do.
Clearly they do can not see.
They can not see what it's doing to me.

I want to cry out for help but I'm too small.
I want to speak but have no voice.
I press my face up against the glass.
So near, yet so far.

Years pass on by.
Time changes some things.
But some things don't simply change.
I'm still on the outside looking in.

It hurts now like it did then.
It hurts even more.
Yet you will never understand,
The pain standing on the outside looking in.

No comments: