Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grace in the Dark

So I've been really active writing...obviously not here though. I've been struggling the past month with patience and patience in waiting. Daily I seem to struggle with something and honestly some days I'm just tired of waiting, tired of the thoughts that run through my mind, feeling alone, feeling like God doesn't care when you know He does. I wrote this poem in March of how I was feeling...and in a way I still do. But the main thing for me was the way God would use people to encourage me. Be open to how God wants to use you to encourage, pray or show kindness to someone, cause you just never really know how that person is really feeling.

Originally I didn't have a title for this poem, but a friend who has been an encouragement to me, suggested "Grace in the Dark" - so here it is.

Grace in the Dark
by Jacky Robus

I need you Lord, please hear my cry.
My mind is troubled, my heart is faint.
I need you Lord, hear my cry.

My mind, it rages back and forth, like a storm at sea.
The enemy has seized it and is creating doubt within it.
I do not understand, the world feels against me.

Where are my friends Lord? What has come over them?
It feels like they have forsaken me.
Have they Lord? Have You?

I stagger through the day, clouded by anger and thoughts.
I fall on my bed and I cry to you at night.
Hear me Lord, only You can comfort me.

Then it comes, a sign of love, grace and care when I don’t expect it.
A kind word, a hug or even a prayer that causes peace to sweep over me.
A peace that only You can give, You have not forsaken me.

You love me Lord, more than I could ever know.
You heard my cries and brought peace to my troubled mind.
You’ve strengthened me and lifted me up.

Great are you o Lord my God,
Though the evil one continues to press on and temptation rise with every breaking sun,
You are faithful and I will TRUST in You!

No comments: